Tuesday 1 January 2013

Hello 2013



Happy New Year

I hope everyone had a good night celebrating the end of the year, I just had my usual low key New Year's see-in by watching the London fireworks on the television with my family, a PJ fashion Champagne toast and then a race to bed. I'm so exciting!

2012 was a mixed bag of a year, there was all the amazing things for the nation - the Queen's Jubilee and London Olympic and Paralympic Games but 2012 was also an eventful year for me personally. There was turning 24, graduating, a new job, my friend's daughter little Lily's birth and then the saddening times when my car got bumped and my Granddad passed away. I feel it was the loss of my Granddad more than anything else that made me think about my life and the direction it was going and  reassess what I was prioritising as important in my life. I think I had lost my way a little and forgotten the most important thing in life is your family and friends and the support from those relationships that allows you to enjoy everything else and help you through the struggles. I've therefore been working on being a better daughter, sister and friend to all and will definitely be continuing this into the NY. I want everyone to feel my love and know that I appreciate them each and every day.

That pretty much sums up my wish for 2013: IMPROVEMENT.
I want to improve myself and the things around me: relationships; myself and my skills; and my physical environment. I'm not usually a big fan of creating NY resolutions, well apart from when I was about 10 and made myself the promise that I would brush my teeth every night and day from then on - I managed to stick to that NYR and keep it to this day ^_^. Well anyways, I decided that this year I would set myself some goals into order to help direct me further down the path I want to continue along. So here's just a few goals I want to live by and achieve this year.


  • Mark the littlest occasion with a thoughtful token, whether it be a text, a letter, a card, an email or a present. I want to be more of a giver this year.
  • Cook more for the house and add more recipes to my collection.
  • Increase my skill set and hobbies. Improve my photography, start a yoga or dance class, and continue to blog.
  • Think more about my health, both with what I eat and my lack of exercise (mentally and physically).


So thats my overall aim for 2013: IMPROVEMENT. I want to better myself with the added benefit of improving my relationships and my offerings to the world. Let's see what exciting things 2013 has in store for us this year. Whatever it may be, I feel comfortable in the knowledge that I am armed ready to conquer or enjoy it.

xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment

designed with love by beautiful dawn designs